Q. What is Patlas’s mission?
A. We have one mission: to build supportive international communities around the world.
Q. Who are Patlas’s target readers?
A. While Patlas’s key members will always be third-culture kids (including international school students), Patlas believes its community will also benefit the general international student body and global career seekers.
Q. How can I get involved?
A. Patlas’s always excited to listen to feedback, new perspectives, and interesting insights. Send an email (or more) to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any! Patlas’s looking for people from all kinds of backgrounds.
Q. Do you have an official domain?
A. Yes: www.patlas.org is under construction! We’re experimenting with features such as front-end posting, user profile, and groups – features that will enrich your experience on our website! We will let everyone know once we officially launch that site.
Q. Are you interested in partnerships?
A. Of course! Please send your emails to email@example.com.
Q. What are some topics that I can share?
A. Anything: Patlas’s always open to experimenting with what works and what doesn’t. Patlas suggests putting your shoes in your childhood self and ask: “what do I wish I had known?”However, Patlas knows you are busy, so it recommends a few topics that you can share.
- How has your worldview changed since childhood (pre-college)? Why?
- What was it like to study at (college) as an (undergraduate, masters, PhD) student?
- What did you study in college and why? Do you think they were the right choices?
- What would you advice others to study today? Why?
- Why did you choose to embark your current career path?
- What is it like to work at a particular company’s department?
- What advice do you have regarding breaking into a company / industry?
- What are some of the challenges in life that you think others should know?
- What are some of your most important values? Why?
- What are some of your aspirations and dreams?
- Where is home for you? Why?
- Which cultures do you associate with, or have influenced you the most?
- How open is a country to foreigners? What are the routes in?